Github has just released Hubot to the public (Say Hello to Hubot).
I have installed it on my MBP running Max OS X 10.7.2
- Download and install Node.js & npm – sites.google.com/site/nodejsmacosx
- Download and install Redis – redis.io/download
I just used homebrew for this ‘brew install redis’. If you don’t have it, just manually install Redis by following their instructions.
- Set Redis to run on startup. Run the following commands from terminal.
mkdir -p ~/Library/LaunchAgents cp /usr/local/Cellar/redis/2.2.12/io.redis.redis-server.plist ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ launchctl load -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/io.redis.redis-server.plist
- Download Hubot – github.com/github/hubot/downloads
- Run ‘npm install’ from terminal
- Run hubot using ‘bin/hubot’ from the downloaded hubot directory.
Result in browser: